WHY our tools and process make your job easier.
As today’s music educator, you have more and more responsibilities that demand your attention—many of them having little to do with making music.
At Festivals of Music, our role is to provide support both in person and online...so that you can focus on the musical preparation and education of your students.
With our state of the art Festivals Edge™ online system, you or your preferred travel provider can create your account and register all of your ensembles in just a few easy steps. The Festivals Edge™ system also makes it very easy for you or your travel provider to adjust your participant numbers, add or change ensembles, and download invoices for payment.
How and when may I register?
- Registration for the following year is available mid-April.
- IT COSTS NOTHING to reserve a performance spot in the festival!
- Create a login profile on Festivals Edge™ and you’re all set.
When are payments due?
- A deposit of $500 will be due the following January 5th.
- The remaining balance is divided into two halves due 75 and 30 days in advance of the festival.
What’s more—because we understand that “life happens” and plans sometimes need to change, we offer a full refund of all festival fees for cancellation up to 60 days in advance of the festival.
How do I make payments?
- If working with a travel provider, you will make payments directly to them.
- If working directly with Festivals of Music, you can send check or money orders.
- Group payments can also be made directly via Festivals Edge™ with VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
When do I receive schedules and other details?
- We will begin to arrange schedules for each festival weekend after the first of the calendar year.
- Preliminary schedules are usually available 6-8 weeks in advance of the festival date.
- You’ll receive an email from us when schedules are ready for viewing.
- Via Festivals Edge™, you can also print out a customized festival schedule showing only what you need. You can print the entire schedule, or just your ensemble performance times and directions to performance and awards sites…it’s all up to you!
How and when do we get festival results and adjudicator comments?
- All numerical scores and audio commentary from adjudicators are easily downloaded from the Festivals Edge™ site. No more losing papers, tapes, sound cards, flash drives, etc.
- All scores are available within an hour of the awards ceremony, and recorded comments are available by the following Monday morning.
How can we make the most of our Festivals of Music performance event?
We advise scheduling your festival day as open and flexible as possible, keeping your performance free of unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- Avoid overloading your schedule with activities; you need your musicians to be rested and focused so that the performance you’ve diligently prepared is the best possible.
- The more you are “on the go” that day, the greater the possibility of getting stuck in traffic or similar situations that could make you late for your performance.
- One of the best things your group can do to grow as musicians is listen to other groups perform. We highly encourage taking the time to enjoy your fellow participating ensembles. It’s always better playing for an audience!
If you do have specific schedule needs, please indicate that in the notes field of your Festivals Edge™ registration as early in the process as possible. We will make every effort to meet your request.